Below are a number of useful links that you may find helpful in your quest to become healthier.
- NHS Health A-Z directory: The NHS Health Directory provides up to date and clear information and advice on 800 conditions. Search for a treatment or condition by using their comprehensive search options.
- Addaction: Is one of the UK’s largest national drug & alcohol treatment charities with coverage across the UK.
- Live Well – NHS Choices: Live Well covers over 90 diverse subjects including addictions, diet, fitness, and stress.
- Carers UK – Carers UK aim to improve carers’ lives by fighting for equality and recognition for carers. Carers UK provide information and advice on carers’ rights and how to get support.
- NHS Choices – NHS Choices is the online ‘front door’ to the NHS. It is the country’s biggest health website and gives all the information you need to make choices about your health.
- Patient UK – A comprehensive source of patient information, Patient UK offers over 600 leaflets on health and disease and details of nearly 2000 patient support / self-help groups and similar organisations, as well as comprehensive information about medicines and advice on leading a healthy lifestyle.
NHS Direct Telephone Service
Don’t forget that personal healthcare advice is just a phone call away. NHS Direct operates a 24-hour nurse advice and health information service, providing confidential information on:
- What to do if you or your family are feeling ill;
- Particular health conditions;
- Local healthcare services, such as doctors, dentists or late night opening pharmacies;
- Self help and support organisations.
To speak to an NHS Direct nurse, call 111. Remember that you can call NHS Direct on behalf of someone else.
Calls to NHS Direct are charged at local rates and for patients’ safety, all calls are recorded. For more information on calling the NHS Direct Telephone service, click here.
Start improving your health today!